Here is a garlic bread recipe guaranteed to please any garlic lover. Found in People magazine years ago.
1 whole head garlic, plus 3 cloves garlic
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 tablespoons softened butter
1 loaf Italian bread (I use the Pillsbury bread dough and bake it ahead)
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried chili flakes (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Split 1 whole garlic head in half, drizzle with 1 Tblspn oil. Wrap in foil and bake at 350 degrees until soft, about 40 minutes.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise.
- Mince 3 raw garlic cloves and combine with butter and remaining olive oil. Spread evenly over bread and sprinkle with oregano, paprika, chili flakes, and salt. (sprinkle desired amount, no need to measure)
- Squeeze roasted garlic cloves from their skins and spread evenly over bread (this is very messy!) Wrap in foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat over to 350 degrees. Bake bread in foil 30 minutes.
YUM! YUM!! Your house will smell delicious.